Business and Professional Ethics
- Illinois Institute of Technology Ethics Codes Collection: http://ethics.iit.edu/ecodes/about
- Ethics and Compliance Free Toolkit https://www.ethics.org/resources/free-toolkit/decision-making-model/
- The Better Business Bureau’s Standards for Trust: https://www.bbb.org/standards-for-trust
Ethics for Behavior Professionals (Human and Non-human)
- Ethics for Behavior Analysts 3rd Edition, Burch & Bailey
- The Ethical Dog Trainer, Jim Barry
- The Behavior Analyst Certification Board’s Ethics Resources
- The American College of Animal Welfare curates an excellent reading list for anyone interested in a deeper knowledge of the subject.
Decisionmaking and Understanding Your Personal Ethics
- The Decision Book
- https://www.philosophyexperiments.com/health/Default.aspx – This tells you how much tension there is in your moral outlook – whether your answers to moral questions suggest you hold principles that are in fundamental conflict with each other, or your moral beliefs are consistent.
- https://www.philosophyexperiments.com/moralityplay/ – This online quiz tells you how parsimonious your moral framework is, that is, whether you use a larger or smaller number of moral principles when you make decisions.
If you have an ethics question that doesn’t rise to the level of a complaint, or you’re dealing with a dilemma that feels like a common issue but you can’t find a clear set of guidelines on, IAABC’s Ethics Committee maintains this open, anonymous form where anyone, even non-members, can ask a question. These questions are answered by their ethics chair and other committee members in The IAABC Journal, a free online magazine published quarterly by IAABC.